|By ShadowRyu Kei||See other fanon and fan fiction works from ShadowRyu Kei.|
Niklaus Morgenstern is a Shadowhunter who resides in the Zürich Institute.
Niklaus is descended from a distant Morgenstern line. He was born in 1989 in Zürich, Switzerland, the home of his ancestors.
The Mortal WarEdit
The Dark WarEdit
Niklaus is described as a handsome young man. He has white-blond hair hair and blue eyes. He is tall with a lean, slim muscular build. Overall, he bears some resemblance to his distant relative Sebastian.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- Nephilim physiology: Being Nephilim, Niklaus possesses a variety of enhanced physical and mental abilities granted to him by the angel blood of Raziel in her veins and also by the angelic Marks of the Gray Book. This includes enhanced strength, speed, agility, stamina, and coordination, which continue to improve over time and practice.
- The Sight: As a Shadowhunter, Niklaus is naturally and easily able to see through most magical illusions and layers of glamour over reality.
- Runic magic: Due to the angel blood in their veins, all Shadowhunters are able to apply runes on their skin without any real danger. These Marks, in turn, give varied effects that serve to benefit the wearer.
- Use of heavenly weapons: As a Shadowhunter, Niklaus is also able to perform tasks unique to their species, such as the ability to use and call on the power of angels for their seraph blades, as well as to handle any heavenly weapons or objects with effect, which would normally not work for other species. In particular, these are tools made of adamas and forged by Iron Sisters.
- Expert combatant: Niklaus is highly skilled in armed and unarmed combat.
- Basic Shadowhunter gear, including: a Sensor, steles, seraph blades, and witchlight.
- Morgenstern family ring: A standard Morgenstern ring that Niklaus got from his father.
- Phaesphoros: After Sebastian's death, Niklaus was given this sword.
Niklaus is the Swiss German form of Nicholas. The name comes from the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people".
- Jonathan stated that he and Clary were the last direct Morgenstern descendants even though Niklaus was alive. It is unknown why this is.